ABOUT THIS EVENT
When: Sunday, April 10 | Two time-slots – 12:30pm – 3:30pm & 3:00PM – 6:00PM
Where: StartWell Studios – 230 Niagara St, Toronto, ON M6J 2L4
Cost: Cover charge of $10, which includes coffee, snacks, and your event access.
We’re excited to announce a Socality x Canon Creator Lab creative experience on April 10th at StartWell Studios with support from Henry’s Camera. Join us Sunday, April 10 for an opportunity to connect with the Toronto creative community and get some hands-on experience with in-studio lighting and other photography set-ups geared to expand your knowledge.
As part of the experience you’ll be placed in small creative working groups with full access to the StartWell Studios space and have an opportunity to connect with industry professionals and Canon Ambassadors (Justin Wu, Natasha Gerschon, Ola Odunsi, & more) who will be offering insights on using lighting, props, and working with talent. Meet and connect with a variety of industry professionals that will be on-site sharing their insights and offering support.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to facilitate a more personal experience – space is limited and this event is broken into TWO different time slots.
TIME SLOT #1: 12:30 – 3:30PM
TIME SLOT #2: 3:00 – 6:00PM
Please arrive for the selected time slot on your ticket.
As part of the Canon Creator Lab program, a variety of Canon gear will be available to try including mirrorless bodies and lenses. If you’d like to borrow Canon equipment to shoot during the event, please bring your own SD Card and a valid piece of government ID. A limited amount of gear will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Your ticket includes:
- Access to the event, styled talent, and studio space at Startwell Studios
- Access to learn from the Canon Ambassadors and team on site for practical questions and hands-on support
- Coffee and donuts
- Access to Canon gear check-out for duration of event, courtesy of the Canon Creator Lab (Available on a first come first serve basis)
Who’s the event for?
Whether your interest lies in photography, video, social media, design, or another creative discipline, these events are inclusive and open to everyone, regardless if you’re just starting out on your creative journey or have been in the industry for years.
This event will be great for anyone looking to:
- Expand their creative network and meet others in the creative industry and community in Toronto, Ontario and beyond.
- Connect with industry professionals and on site Canon Ambassadors
- Capture images /video in and around Startwell Studios in a fun and social atmosphere.
- Learn from other creatives and shoot / create in a studio environment with talent on site (note: we will be working to accommodate everyone who would like to participate in this and it will be facilitated in small groups with assigned time limits to ensure access for as many people as possible)
- Try out a variety of Canon gear, including new mirrorless bodies and lenses.
Health & Safety:
In order to ensure that attendees are safe as our live events resume:
- Guests are asked to self-evaluate before attending the event; please do not attend if you are sick or have symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or sore throat or runny nose. **Full refunds will be provided for those who have to cancel tickets due to health and safety reasons.**
- This event will be following current public health recommendations in compliance with local, provincial, and federal guidelines. Please see up-to-date guidelines here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures
- All gear available for use will be sanitized before and after each check-out.
More details will continue to be updated and communicated as we get closer to the event. RSVP to secure your spot.