ABOUT THIS EVENT
When: Monday, September 26, 2022 | 5pm – 6:30pm PST / 8pm – 9:30PM EST
Where: ONLINE – Webinar
Cost: FREE – RSVP to secure your spot.
Join us on Monday, September 26th for an online Socality x Canon Creator Lab panel workshop and Q&A with creators and entrepreneurs Maurice Li (@maurice), Jasmine Lorimer (@jasmine.lorimer), Joey Speers (@joeyspeers) and host Scott Bakken (@scottcbakken) as they share tools, strategies, and their approach to building a thriving creative business. Whether you’re just starting out and looking to build out a side hustle and additional revenue stream or looking to take your existing creative business to the next level, we’ll be tackling a wide range of creative business topics and strategy and taking your questions.
This session will cover themes including but not limited to:
- Insights from Maurice, Jasmine, and Joey on their personal key takeaways to success and lessons learned in growing very different businesses and personal brands in the creative industry.
- Building your business infrastructure – the tools, processes, and critical elements that will help you build and scale your creative business on a strong foundation
- Marketing yourself – for many creative entrepreneurs the lines between the individual and the business are blurred – we’ll be talking about marketing and managing the challenges and opportunities of both.
- Attracting and retaining clients – your creative business is a relational one and success is frequently tied to the way you approach client and customer relationships – we’ll be talking about how you can do this well and stand out in a crowded marketplace
- Part time vs. going full time – from hobbies and side hustles to taking your creative work full time, it can be hard to balance when and how to make the leap – the panel will be sharing their insights and how to approach balance if your creative business is something you’re looking to maintain on the side.
- Q&A Session
- & more
This workshop will offer the combination of a live panel workshop session with our instructors and a Q&A portion.
About Maurice Li:
Maurice Li is a photographer, as well as co-founder & director of renowned content agency Stay & Wander. He left a successful career in venture capital over a decade ago to pursue his passion for commercial travel photography and campaign production and hasn’t looked back. Early on Maurice noticed a void in the market—commercial photography and videography simply were not keeping up with the voracious appetite and unique demands of the social media age. As a response, in 2013 he co-founded Stay & Wander, one of the first digital content agencies to specialize in social-first yet world-class, commercially versatile visuals and influencer-led advertising campaigns.
In 2011, Maurice was selected as Destination Canada’s official photographer & social media content creator for the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge aka Will & Kate’s Royal Tour of Canada. Since then, he has worked with notable clients such as Apple, Canon, Google, BMW, Travel Alberta, Dolce & Gabbana, Lexus, Icebreaker, Coca-Cola, TED, Marriott International and many more throughout all stages of the content production process. Maurice and his work have been featured and published by prominent media outlets & sites including The Guardian, Trip Advisor, Booooooom!, PDN Photo District News and the Boston Globe.
About Jasmine Lorimer:
Hailing from a small town in Northwestern Ontario, Jasmine made her way to British Columbia to chase new adventures. Exploring and documenting her experiences via social media became a fun pastime, and in 2016 she was scouted via Instagram to lead as the first ever “Bachelorette Canada”. While slightly traumatizing, it also provided the opportunity to reach a new audience of like-minded Canadian women who shared the same passions for travel. Since then, Jasmine has continued to build upon that base, and in 2018, left her 12 year career as a hair colourist to become a full-time creator, developing a 6-figure income by working with some of the world’s largest brands including Volvo, Aeroplan, Starbucks, Prime Video, Mazda, Nespresso, Molson Coors, Bed Bath and Beyond, and more.
About Joey Speers:
Joey Speers is aiming to build a world where more people succeed at doing what they love. After building a 6 figure creative agency as a teenager, Joey decided to share the secrets to building a business, so he started Creativ Rise. Today, Joey is a brand strategist, marketing consultant and communicator.
Who’s this workshop for?
This workshop will be valuable for photographers and creators of all backgrounds looking to develop and grow their creative business or simply move a hobby or creative passion into a revenue generator. Whether you’re a photographer, videographer, digital creator, model, blogger, or just getting started on your creative journey, these workshops provide an opportunity to connect with others in the community and learn something at the same time.
Any further details will continue to be updated and communicated as we get closer to the workshop. RSVP to secure your spot.