ABOUT THIS EVENT
When: September 29 – October 2, 2022, Check-in starts at 4pm on the 29th, Check-out is at noon on the 2nd.
Where: Forest Park Hotel – 76 Connaught Dr, Jasper, AB T0E 1E0
Cost: See below for Early Bird pricing and Regular rates
Building off the success of last year’s In the Field experience in Lake Louise, we’re excited to announce this unique 3-day / 4-night workshop, retreat, and creative experience in Jasper, Alberta, Canada from September 29th to October 2nd, 2022.
This is a one-of-a-kind creative experience set in the stunning Canadian Rockies with accommodations at the newly developed and re-imagined Forest Park Hotel. We’re bringing back some of the incredible mentors we had last year alongside a few others offering a wealth of industry knowledge to give you a highly personal and immersive learning experience.
This is your chance to spend a few days with an intimate group of peers, creators, brand representatives, and industry experts to accelerate your creative growth, build new relationships, and leave inspired to take your creative work, business, and initiatives to the next level.
Alongside several valuable sessions during the day, we’re introducing a variety of “table talks” bringing creators, brand marketing executives, mentors, and more together in a highly personalized structure. You will come away with new skills and knowledge, but the biggest value you’ll find is in the relationships and networks forged along the way.
The days will be sprinkled with memorable experiences as we visit the iconic Spirit Island and Maligne Lake together, dine in a variety of great establishments in the Pursuit Banff Jasper Collection, and experience the natural beauty of Jasper National Park during one of the most beautiful times of the year.
Space is extremely limited. Book your spot now, and take a look below at options for individuals or booking with a friend/partner.
Garrett King (@shortstache) is a lifestyle photographer with a knack for storytelling. He currently resides in Southern California, but seems to travel anywhere to get the job done. Design, photography, and videography are his main focuses. His unique perspective in the creative industry is evident through his color aesthetic and derivative in his style. Storytelling is a key element he emphasizes through both his personal and professional work. The moments in between are what matters the most. It’s about the bigger picture and journey as a whole.
Garrett is creator on the Canon USA team and has worked with clients ranging from Budweiser, Highland Park Whiskey, Danner Boots, Samsung, LG, Leica, ASUS, Sony, Matador, Mercedes Benz, Smartcar, Infiniti, Apple, Glenfiddich, Acura, Hyundai, DJI, and more.
Irene Rudnyk (@irenerudnykphoto) is a portrait photographer, Youtuber, and educator inspired by feminine beauty. She works to capture the woman in front of her camera in a more creative, romantic manner, putting a lot of thought into the environment and details of the photo to create a visually pleasing and feminine version of the finished product. Irene enjoys helping other photographers with tutorials, behind the scenes, and DIY videos and has built a significant platform and Youtube channel where she instructs and engages with thousands of photographers through her educational videos, workshops, content, and creative work.
Richard Bernardin (@richardbernardinphoto) is a fashion and portrait photographer of Haitian descent working internationally and based in between Montreal and New York. He became mildly interested in photography in high school taking pictures for the yearbook but only seriously came back to it several years later. He then spent some time apprenticing in New York before branching out on his own. Since, Richard has developed a unique style of photography influenced by his love of Modernist architecture, cinematic narrative, photographic giants, such as Newton and Avedon and the exaltation of the elegant and empowered female archetype, which have made his images highly recognizable and sought after the world over. Richard has photographed many high-profile celebrities and artists and has been commissioned to shoot countless prestigious magazines and advertising campaigns in Canada and around the world. His work has been exhibited globally in museums and galleries and he is currently at work on his first short film and has two upcoming book projects.
Nicole Ashley (@nicoleashley) is an international portrait and wedding photographer based out of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Her influence has branched out far beyond the boundaries of her city, bringing her throughout much of Canada, and on to international destinations such as Iceland, Italy, Switzerland, and Australia. Nicole has built an impressive resume, photographing magazine features, best selling novel covers, internationally acclaimed musicians, music festivals and fashion shows. With innate creativity, unparalleled work ethic, and a passion for the entire craft, Nicole Ashley is not only a photographer but an artist. Her main areas of focus are now intimate weddings and couples portraiture. Nicole’s most recent acknowledgments include the 2018 Couple’s Choice Award, World’s Best Wedding Photographer 2018 & 2019 by Junebug Weddings, and Canada’s top 30 under 30. Not only an artist but as an educator in her craft, she can be regularly be found hosting and speaking at several award winning photo conferences throughout the world.
Scott Bakken (@scottcbakken) is passionate about creating spaces where people can connect and build authentic relationships. Scott founded Socality in 2014, a creative community that exists to inspire people from all walks of life to create things that make a difference. Socality began with the simple goal of connecting creatives online and in person using social media and in-person events and gatherings. Scott is a father, husband, speaker, entrepreneur, and photographer committed to helping others step into their own opportunities. Some of his clients include American Express, Rogers, Canon, Google, Eddie Bauer, GMC and more. Scott lives in Calgary, Alberta, Canada with his wife Jessica and their two kids Sydney and Cruz.
Whether your interest lies in photography, video, social media, creative business, or another creative discipline, these events are inclusive and open to everyone, regardless if you’re just starting out on your creative journey or have been in the industry for years. This experience has been specifically designed for those looking to:
- Get hands on mentorship and support from industry experts and brand executives
- Connect and build relationships with other like-minded creators in a truly awe-inspiring and world-class location
- Flex your creativity with a commercial brief and a variety of content opportunities to expand your portfolio
- Enjoy a creative escape and experience to refocus and push your creativity to new heights
- Engage in small group immersive learning with peers and mentors
This event is open to singles, couples, small groups, and individuals of all skill levels and experience, ages 18+.
If you’re purchasing “Shared Room” tickets as a couple, or as friends attending together, please indicate in the field provided during registration who you’re traveling with and we’ll accommodate accordingly.
INVESTMENT / COST:
Early Bird Price – Available till September 5:
$1449 CAD / person (PRIVATE ROOM)
$1249 CAD / person (SHARED ROOM)
* all prices are shown in Canadian Dollars (CAD)
Regular Price – September 6 and after:
$1649 CAD / person (PRIVATE ROOM)
$1449 CAD / person (SHARED ROOM)
* all prices are shown in Canadian Dollars (CAD)
If you select the “Private room” option you’ll have a room to yourself for the duration of the event. If you select the “Shared room” option you’ll be sharing a room with two beds (or alternative configuration optional) with 1 other person who you will need to specify upon registration (ie. Couple, friends attending together etc.) Please note – The “Shared room” option is only available for those attending with another person, with each person requiring a “Shared Room” ticket.
Note: In order to provide a meaningful and high quality experience for all who attend, total capacity is extremely limited with only 45 spots (25+ already committed) and tickets available on a first-come / first-serve basis until capacity is reached.
Included in this year’s event:
- 3 Nights accommodation at Forest Park Hotel – Nestled at the edge of Jasper, Alberta, the hotel has been redeveloped with a new wing making it the first new hotel in Jasper in 40 years. On-site you’ll find a variety of amenities including a pool, hot tubs, fitness centre, on-site restaurants and lounge, and more. [NOTE: If you select the “Private room” option you’ll have a room to yourself for the duration of the event. If you select the “Shared room” option you’ll be sharing a room with two beds with 1 other person who you will need to specify upon registration (ie. Couples, friends attending together, etc.) The “Shared room” option is only available for those attending with another person.]
- All meals during your stay: 3 dinners in 3 different Jasper restaurants (Terra, The Pines, & Wilderness Kitchen), 3 Breakfasts, & 2 lunches. (please indicate any allergies and dietary restrictions in your registration)
- All group sessions, experiences, and transportation to and from the hotel after arrival
Here’s a general overview of how the days will go:
- Thursday – you’ll arrive to check-in between 4 pm – 6 pm, and after some introductions and a welcome session we’ll kick things off with a dinner at the new Terra Restaurant in Jasper by Pursuit Collection where you’ll get a chance to connect with everyone, hear from your hosts and get prepped for the next few days. (Optional stop afterward for drinks)
- Friday – you’ll start the day with breakfast at the hotel, followed by a couple of sessions in the morning where you’ll get to learn from our mentors on a variety of subjects along with time for questions and dialogue as these sessions offer a diversity of insights. One of these sessions will be the first batch of small group “table talks” where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with peers and mentors around a variety of topics ranging from social media and marketing strategy, personal brand building, publishing, licensing, and selling your work, and more. After lunch, you’ll get a chance to take in a valuable session focusing on client and brand relationships and growing your business with insights from both sides of the creator/brand relationship. Following some free time, you’ll head to Pyramid Lake for our first creative excursion at golden hour with group access to some of the canoes and boats at the lake and the mentors on site to offer insights as we explore the area and create together. Dinner will follow lakeside at The Pines, after which you’ll have some free time after getting back to the hotel in preparation for an early morning Saturday.
- Saturday – we’ll start early with an optional but recommended creative excursion to see the beautiful Mount Edith Cavell area and glacial formations for sunrise. If you opt for the hike you’ll be back in time for lunch and some free time followed by our second round of small group sessions where you’ll have the opportunity to connect with one of the mentors on a subject you missed on Friday. Following the afternoon session, you’ll join the group as we travel to Maligne Lake to board the Maligne Lake Cruise to visit the iconic Spirit Island. We’ll have some time there to capture this world-class area after which we’ll stop on the way back at Maligne Canyon Wilderness Kitchen for dinner. After traveling back to the hotel you’ll have some free time.
- Sunday – you’ll have a buffet breakfast at Walter’s Dining Room in the hotel followed by an optional opportunity to get personal feedback from the mentors. After, you’ll have some free time to spend with all of your newfound friends before packing up and getting ready to head out as we all say our goodbyes.
- Transportation to and from the event location – Forest Park Hotel. You will be responsible for any flights or vehicle-based transportation to and from the venue. If you’re traveling via air, there are airport bus and shuttle options (options include SunDog – with arrival in Jasper daily at 8pm) that can take you to and from the Edmonton International Airport to Jasper. If you’re comfortable driving – a rental car might be similar priced and get you there a bit quicker with rental options at the airport. Flights can also be made into Calgary International Airport, but please note that ground transportation will take an additional 1 hour minimum if traveling from Calgary instead of Edmonton.
- Alcohol and discretionary snacks and beverages.
Canon Creator Lab: Gear Available
As part of the Canon Creator Lab program, a variety of Canon gear will be available to try including mirrorless bodies and the latest lenses. If you’d like to borrow Canon equipment to shoot during the event, please bring your own SD Card(s) and a valid piece of government ID. A limited amount of gear will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
FULL REFUNDS – Within 24 hours of purchase/registration (Until September 16th)
PARTIAL REFUNDS – 60% of ticket price (Up until September 15th, 2021)
NO REFUNDS – After September 15th, 2021
Along with the amazing mentors you’ll have working with you, we’re excited to have a great team of hosts from Socality, Canon Canada, and visits from other brand representatives as well.
- BRETT GASKELL | Senior Director of Customer Experience at CANON CANADA
- NICHOLAS TOMIC | Senior Manager of Marketing Communications at CANON CANADA
- YASMINE PEREZ-ACHIG | Events & Content Marketing at CANON CANADA
- JONATHAN ZOETEMAN (@jonathanzoeteman) | Portrait & Lifestyle Photographer & Operations Director at SOCALITY
- RJ BRUNI (@rjbruni & @inmist) | Filmmaker & Director at INMIST MEDIA HOUSE
- JASMINE LORIMER (@jasmine.lorimer) | Creator, Former TV Personality, & Entrepreneur
- & MORE