ABOUT THIS EVENT
When: Thursday, June 30 | 6:30PM – 10PM
Where: Toronto Harbour – 235 Queens Quay W, Toronto, ON M5J 2B8
Cost: Cover charge of $20, which includes light appetizers along with boat and event access.
We’re excited to announce a Socality x Canon Creator Lab creative experience on June 30th on the 165 foot ship Kajama in collaboration with Henry’s Camera! Join us Thursday, June 30th for a one of a kind opportunity to connect with the Toronto creative community out on the water at sunset. We will have private access to the ship for the duration of the sunset sail, where you’ll get a chance to engage with other creators, access a variety of gear, and have the option to work with styled talent on board.
As part of the Canon Creator Lab program, a variety of Canon gear will be available to try including mirrorless bodies and lenses. If you’d like to borrow Canon equipment to shoot during the event, please bring your own SD Card and a valid piece of government ID. A limited amount of gear will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Your ticket includes:
- Private access to Kajama tall ship for sunset.
- Light food.
- Access to Canon gear check-out for duration of event, courtesy of the Canon Creator Lab (Available on a first come first serve basis).
About the Ship:
Launched in 1930 in Rendsburg, Germany, the Kajama is a 165 foot former cargo schooner that operated from 1930 to 1998 before it was purchased and restored in 1999 to be used for public daysails, education, and events.
Who’s the event for?
Whether your interest lies in photography, video, social media, design, or another creative discipline, these events are inclusive and open to everyone, regardless if you’re just starting out on your creative journey or have been in the industry for years.
This event will be great for anyone looking to:
- Expand their creative network and meet others in the creative industry and community in Toronto, ON and beyond.
- Capture images / video in and around the waterfront and ship in a fun and social atmosphere.
- Learn from other creatives and Canon Ambassadors on board.
- Try out a variety of Canon gear, including mirrorless bodies and lenses with support from the Henry’s Camera team.
Health & Safety:
In order to ensure that attendees are safe as our live events resume:
- Guests are asked to self-evaluate before attending the event; please do not attend if you are sick or have symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or sore throat or runny nose. **Full refunds will be provided for those who have to cancel tickets due to health and safety reasons.**
- This event will be following current public health recommendations in compliance with local, provincial, and federal guidelines. Please see up-to-date guidelines here: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures
More details will continue to be updated and communicated as we get closer to the event. RSVP to secure your spot.