ABOUT THIS EVENT
Saturday, September 26th | 4pm – 9:00pm
Sunday, September 27 | 4pm – 9:00pm
Same event – two different days to choose from.
Fairmont Banff Springs – 405 Spray Ave, Banff, AB T1L 1J4
Cover charge of $25, which includes coffee / tea & dinner – RSVP to choose your day and secure your spot as only 50 spots are available for each day.
Socality x Canon Creator Lab is excited to announce an exciting event at the Banff Springs Hotel and grounds. Join us on September 26th OR September 27th for a great afternoon and evening where you’ll have the opportunity to create with the local creative community. We’ll be gathering at the stunning Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel for a COVID-friendly community event with two dates to choose from (same event both days). Your ticket will include dinner (you can indicate any dietary restrictions during registration) and coffee / tea when you arrive. Along with the awe-inspiring landscape surrounding the property, and the stunning Banff Springs itself, we’ll also have a designated creative space inside offering an incredibly unique and rare opportunity for those wanting to take advantage of this historic space.
Health & Safety:
In order to ensure that everyone is safe during this time, here are the precautions in place:
- To see everything Fairmont and Banff Springs are doing to keep everyone safe from a facility standpoint, take a look at the following link – https://www.allstaywell.com/
- The Fairmont Banff Springs team will be taking the temperatures of attendees upon entry, as per their current policy for everyone entering the building.
- Masks will be mandatory for all participants (with the exception of medical exemptions) and will be provided for those without one.
- Spacious, outdoor location to ensure you’ll have enough space to keep your distance while attending.
- Every time a camera is returned from a session it will be deep cleaned by our staff. Same goes for countertops and other high-touch surfaces.
We’re asking anyone who fits the following categories to refrain from attending at this time for the safety of everyone else:
- You have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat that is not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition.
- You have been in contact with someone known to have COVID-19.
- You have travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days.
Upon arrival, any persons on-site participating in the event will be required to complete a contactless self-health check/screening questionnaire for the purpose of determining whether any such person may have been exposed to Covid-19. Refusal to complete the self-health check/screening questionnaire shall result in such person being denied access to the event. For public health purposes, Canon Canada Inc. and its partners, reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to determine whether such person may have been exposed to Covid-19 and to deny such person the right to participate in the event in order to protect and promote the safety of the participants in such event.
Who’s the event for?
Whether your interest lies in photography, video, social media, blogging, or one of a variety of other creative disciplines, these events are inclusive and open to everyone, regardless of whether you’re just starting out on your creative journey or have been in the industry for years.
As part of the Canon Creator Lab program, a variety of Canon gear will be available to try including mirrorless bodies and the latest lenses. If you’d like to borrow Canon equipment to shoot during the event, please bring your own SD Card and a valid piece of government ID. A limited amount of gear will be available on a first come, first serve basis. There will be a limited number of new bodies available, but those wanting to schedule a guaranteed opportunity to personally test and try the new product should also check out the Canon Road Trip on one of the stops through Alberta and BC.
IN COLLABORATION WITH: THE CAMERA STORE
We’re excited to have some of the staff from The Camera Store on site bringing additional Canon gear out and supporting the event with their knowledge and expertise.
More details will continue to be updated and communicated as we get closer to the event. RSVP to secure your spot.