ABOUT THIS EVENT
When: Sunday, September 10 | 7AM – 10AM PST
Where: VanDusen Botanical Gardens – 5251 Oak St, Vancouver, BC V6M 4H1
Cost: Cover charge of $10, which includes coffee, snacks, and your event access.
We’re excited to announce a Socality x Canon Creator Lab creative experience in collaboration with Kerrisdale Cameras on September 10th at the VanDusen Botanical Garden! This private event offers an exclusive opportunity to connect with the Vancouver creative community and capture stunning images and videos within the VanDusen Botanical Garden as it showcases the breathtaking hues of summer transitioning into autumn. During the event, participants will have private access to explore and create in this unique space. Light refreshments will be provided, and designated models and talent will be available on-site for those interested in working with subjects. Bring your creativity, invite a friend, and come ready to meet a host of inspiring and creative people.
Participants will also have access to Canon gear through the Canon Creator Lab program, with a variety of mirrorless bodies and the latest lenses available for trial. Gear is available to reserve in advance using our new booking system. Follow the link in your ticket confirmation email to make a gear reservation. A limited amount of gear will also be available for walk up booking on a first come, first serve basis.
Your ticket includes:
- Private access to the VanDusen Botanical Garden.
- Light food and coffee.
- Access to Canon gear check-out for duration of event, courtesy of the Canon Creator Lab and Kerrisdale Cameras
Who’s the event for?
Whether your interest lies in photography, video, social media, design, or another creative discipline, these events are inclusive and open to everyone, regardless if you’re just starting out on your creative journey or have been in the industry for years.
This event will be great for anyone looking to:
- Expand their creative network and meet others in the creative industry and community in Vancouver, BC and beyond.
- Capture images / video in and around the botanical garden in a fun and social atmosphere.
- Learn from other creatives and Canon Ambassadors on site.
- Try out a variety of Canon gear, including mirrorless bodies and lenses.
- Drones are not permitted on site.
- Please do not step in garden beds or place tripods in beds.
- To protect the botanical collections, please do not pick or remove any plant materials such as flowers, seeds or foliage. All plant material must be left in the garden.
- Please refer to the Garden Code of Conduct at vandusengarden.ca