ABOUT THIS EVENT
When: Sunday, May 15 | 7AM – 11AM
Where: VanDusen Botanical Gardens – 5251 Oak St, Vancouver, BC V6M 4H1
Cost: Cover charge of $10, which includes coffee, snacks, and your event access.
We’re excited to announce a Socality x Canon Creator Lab creative experience in collaboration with Kerrisdale Cameras on May 15th at the VanDusen Botanical Gardens! Join us Sunday, May 15th for a unique opportunity to connect with the Vancouver creative community during one of the most beautiful seasons of the year. You’ll have private access to the whole gardens and the iconic Laburnum Walk – a path crowned by the golden arch of the flowering Laburnum trees (which only happens for a brief window during the month of May). The towering trees create a canopy of green and yellow that’s like nothing else in the city.
Bring your creativity, invite a friend or two, and come ready to meet plenty of inspiring and creative people.
Join us at the conclusion of the morning on site for a time to connect with everyone over some light food and coffee as we wrap things up.
As part of the Canon Creator Lab program, a selection of Canon gear will be available to try including mirrorless bodies and lenses with support from the Kerrisdale Cameras team. If you’d like to borrow Canon equipment to shoot during the event, please bring your own SD Card and a valid piece of government ID. A limited amount of gear will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
Please note: some gear types or items will be unavailable for this event due to other gear trial events taking place during the month of May.
Your ticket includes:
- Private access to the VanDusen Botanical Garden.
- Light food and coffee.
- Access to Canon gear check-out for duration of event, courtesy of the Canon Creator Lab and Kerrisdale Cameras (Available on a first come first serve basis).
Who’s the event for?
Whether your interest lies in photography, video, social media, design, or another creative discipline, these events are inclusive and open to everyone, regardless if you’re just starting out on your creative journey or have been in the industry for years.
This event will be great for anyone looking to:
- Expand their creative network and meet others in the creative industry and community in Vancouver, BC and beyond.
- Capture images / video in and around the botanical garden in a fun and social atmosphere.
- Learn from other creatives and Canon Ambassadors on site.
- Try out a variety of Canon gear, including mirrorless bodies and lenses.
- Drones are not permitted on site.
- Please do not step in garden beds or place tripods in beds.
- To protect the botanical collections, please do not pick or remove any plant materials such as flowers, seeds or foliage. All plant material must be left in the garden.
- Please refer to the Garden Code of Conduct at vandusengarden.ca
Health & Safety:
In order to ensure that attendees are safe as our live events resume:
- Guests are asked to self-evaluate before attending the event; please do not attend if you are sick or have symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell, or sore throat or runny nose. **Full refunds will be provided for those who have to cancel tickets due to health and safety reasons.**
- This event will be following current public health recommendations in compliance with local, provincial, and federal guidelines. Please see up-to-date guidelines here: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
More details will continue to be updated and communicated as we get closer to the event. RSVP to secure your spot.